First week in HRDKX, part 2

on Monday, June 30, 2014
The first few days of my first week in Hard Knocks were very eventful. The next few didn't have quite the same breakneck pace (for me anyways - the corp as a whole stayed extremely busy).

NOTE: The dates may be borked, as I am nocturnal and therefore look at days and nights a bit differently than normal people.



June 23, 2014

Later the next night I was out again in null, looking for ratters. We only found one of note, a lightly tanked Eos out in Branch. I hadn't seen an eos ratter before, but I suppose there are worse choices. There are also better choices - the ishtar for instance, which is cheaper and more nimble. After the Eos we didn't find much, so I just kind of derped around the chain for awhile, looking for something to kill, anything at all.

An hour later, out of a different exit, a scout found something glorious. Sitting on a POCO, working on reinforcing it, were a thanatos and phoenix. Our tackle held on for dear life while we moved through the pipe to support him. Upon landing we trashed their subcap support, a lone hawk. A minute later the thanny and his pod were cashed out. The phoenix was a bit tougher, demonstrating the buffs its kind received in Kronos. It took a full seven minutes for him to asplode, followed by his pod which had a few implants. That was it for the night, except for a random WH miner. To this day it surprises me to find miners at an ore site in w-space

June 24

My one bad day this week. We shall speak no more of it. (RIP vagabond)

June 26

I didn't have too much time on this day because of work, but we found an exit into Deklein and began harassing the Goons. We took down an ishtar, gila, and SFI before they began to form up a proper defense fleet and approach our wormhole. Sadly, upon seeing our numbers they decided not to take the fight, and subsequently dispersed.

All told I had helped destroy (or whored shamelessly on, as the case may be) many ships and many iskies. More importantly, I had a blast with the pilots of Hard Knocks, and I look forward to more shenanigans with them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment