First day in Thera

on Thursday, December 11, 2014
After Rhea landed yesterday morning, the search began for Thera in earnest. As advertised, it was chock full of w- and k-space connections, and was discovered barely a half hour after the servers came up. A few CCP devs sat in station in the system, taunting us in the Thera intel channels. The first few scanners to find it kept their mouths shut for another half hour, after which Peter Moonlight released his siggy map and the floodgates opened. There was a mad dash for all of the highsec entrances, so I slipped in quietly through a low and began to creep around.

Because Thera is so massive, and has 20+ sigs at any given time (with most of those being wormholes), scanning it sight unseen is a real bitch. There are several channels to help people get around: Thera Local Chat (run by Furtherance, a corp that plans on creating content within Thera), Thera Public Intel, and EvE-Scout. The latter has its own website that is pretty slick and makes scanning much easier, especially if you're only looking for a certain kind of exit and don't need to scan for forty-five minutes.

There was a lot of splodey action the first few hours. The wormholes stayed more or less clear, except for a Goon camp on the Deklein hole that also managed to torch my buzzard. Yep I know, I was keeled in a covops.

The stations were where all the action was happening, especially the two stations that are only a few hundred kilometers from one another. A <PIZZA> talwar gang, approximately 25 strong, was cleaning house. Talwars can be really nasty, especially in close quarters. I thought that the middle of their massacre would be the best time to set up tactical bookmarks obviously, so I lost an inty. In my defense, their point range was amazeballs. Should have anticipated the links. Also, my losses are quite minimal compared to this dude, who currently has the two biggest losses in Thera: a stratios and a golem.

My corp came into Thera a bit later on to kill shit, but I was too exhausted and passed out. I do like the idea of Thera and plan on staying there for at least a few weeks to see what kind of trouble I can rustle up. If you find yourself in the system and want to fly around, shoot at things and prolly get asploded, let me know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment